Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Call me Grace : FSGS Sucks

I have no idea if I can attribute this in any way to my kidneys, my body failing me or my meds, but I'm blaming on something in that realm because...well...because I can.

Anyway, I'm out Sunday morning taking the dogs for their morning peepee.  I have to walk over to the model home since we still don't have grass and one of my dogs just doesn't pee in the dirt.  Anyway, I have no idea what or how it happened, but I completely just fell down.  I tried to brace myself with my wrists so luckily I didn't end up with asphalt face, but I did suffer some injuries.



And then, of course, I get up and look around to see if anyone saw me.  I mean, I fell down with some FORCE!  And I have no idea what happened.  All I know is that I'm gonna get some hella bruises with these here scrapes.

Oh, and my swelling is back.  Gained 10 pounds yesterday.  Compression stockings in full effect.

Yippee.

2 comments:

  1. 10 pounds? GRR! Dear Jenn's Body - STOP!

    Anny faceplanted on a pre-sunrise run on a sidewalk I have warned her about several times before. I certainly didn't say "I told you so" out loud, but I nodded it enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 lbs is a lot! Did you call and tell your doctor? If you are retaining water in your tissues, you can have water in and around your lungs. Are you short of breath? Also, you can get "water on the brain" like when you have PMS or are pregnant, so that can make you clumsy and fall down. Been there, done that so many times. I even broke a rib while super swollen. I just lost balance after I got out of the shower and fell over. Yep, broke a rib while butt naked and couldn't get off of the floor! It's funny now, but it wasn't at the time!

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...