Friday, August 7, 2020

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I've got to take advantage of every single person's interest because YOU JUST NEVER KNOW, right?

If you are reading this and are curious about the living donor process, a great website to investigate is https://transplantliving.org.  

I'm looking for an O+ kidney.  If you already know that you're not O+, don't worry.  If you're willing you can sign up for the kidney paired exchange program.  You can learn more about that here.  https://www.kidney.org/transplantation/livingdonors/incompatiblebloodtype

Okay, so here's the info for my transplant center.  I'm currently listed at the University of Minnesota.  Here is the contact info for the Living Donor Team:

When you call, you need to specify that you're interested in being tested as a possible living donor for Jennifer Trunk.  Please know that I am never notified of who is being tested....it's completely confidential.  I wouldn't know that anyone got tested until someone actually came back as a match.  The living donor and recipient teams are completely separate as well.  I say this because I imagine it's an emotional thing to go through the process....maybe you want to try but are worried that you wouldn't be able to donate for whatever reason.  And maybe you find out you are a match, but something happens and you change your mind.  Please understand that I'll never know unless you're a match and agree to move forward.  Also, all of the costs are covered by my own insurance.

For me, this waiting can be discouraging.  I don't get a call saying someone is being tested (at least not that I remember), so I'm always wondering what's happening.  Sometimes it can feel like I'll never find a donor.  

I have a LOT of antibodies built up in my immune system....this is from pregnancy, my first transplant, and 4 blood transfusions after it due to severe anemia.  What I'm saying is that I'm looking for a needle in a haystack, but maybe that's you....

Thank you for taking the time to read, and please share across your own social media sites :)


1 comment:

  1. Dear Sir/Madam,
    We are urgently in need of kidney donors in (LS foundation center) to help patients who face lifetime dialysis problems unless they undergo kidney transplant. Here we offer financial reward to interested donors. Please kindly contact us at: kidneyliverin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...