Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Did you hear the news??? : FSGS Sucks

I go on vacation and all sorts of crazy things happen.  They found a cause!!!!  Holy shit they found a cause of FSGS!  And my friend, Jennifer, who is also suffering from FSGS, was the first to tell me via a text message :)  I LOVE LOVE LOVE technology!!!

This article in Nature Medicine provides details, but even I have a difficult time figuring out what the hell it says.  All I know is that the very last sentence of an article I read on Nephcure.org reads, "Patients with FSGS and other glomerular diseases will benefit from our finding very soon."  And that, my friends, is all I need to give me a little hope.

Ok, I'm off to do a Yoga/Pilates fusion class..I know, sounds all new-agey and crap, but it's really just that I physically feel so good after coming back from vacation that I gotta see what my limitations are.  I want to post a little about my vacation, so I'll try to do that tonight when I get back....


2 comments:

  1. It was the best news I heard in a long time regarding this "mystery" disease. Hoping for a cure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still being cautious until they actually share their findings, but it's still very exciting to think that it could even be that close!

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...