Monday, October 24, 2011

Oh so not myself : FSGS Sucks

I wonder if I'd feel this way every morning if I didn't have this kidney disease.  Saturday night and last night I got crap for sleep.  Tossing and turning...every position was comfortable yet still I rolled around like a crocodile killing it's pray.  Saturday I blame the Nephcure walk...all of that standing around isn't easy on this ol' body. But last night?  I have no idea...I'd be lying there...awake...all night.

I wake up every morning to puffy eyes, which makes it hard to see sometimes.  I've got a killer headache this morning.  It seems like a lot of mornings are like this, so I'm just wondering what I would feel like in the morning if I didn't have FSGS.  Would I have more energy?  Because whether or not I sleep 7 hours or 12 hours...I'm still tired.  Would I get better rest?  I'm up at least once if not twice going to the bathroom...an evil side-effect of all of the diuretics.

How I would LOVE to wake up full of energy...normal eyes (and ankles) ready to face the day.  I feel as though my work is suffering as I can't maintain any sort of focus lately.  Some people are going to think it's because I'm a "short timer" here now...knowing I've only got a couple months left, but that's not it at all.  I just can't find the energy or the focus. 

I took Izzy swimming yesterday, thinking that SOME sort of physical activity would help me sleep, but not so much.  Tonight, if I feel better than I do right now, I'll try to work out more.  Maybe Jillian's 30-Day Shred DVD is in order.  Pray for me that I don't hyperventilate during it!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...