Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Holy hematoma : FSGS Sucks

This is what happens to me when I have a tiny itch.

Two days ago, when I was meeting with the ladies from NKF, I started scratching this area. It was irritated from crossing my legs, being all ladylike, and I started itching it. Now, for normal folks, it would stop e, but eczema combined with kidney disease puts this on a whole different irritating level.

It finally stopped, but then I tried to cross my legs again yesterday, and the pain was ridiculous. That's when I noticed this beaut. I'm guessing that bruise will last at LEAST a month. Awesome.

I know this seems like such a stupid post, but it just highlights one of the everyday things I deal with. My body is covered in little bruised like this. Getting a blood draw makes me look like I'm shooting heroin sometimes. I'm just highly annoyed right now.

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the Steel Magnolias line, "Shelby's been driving nails up her arm." Sorry you have to live that reality. Hang in there, you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! That definitely is an impressive bruise! I hope it doesn't last too long. :(

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...