Monday, April 1, 2013

Clinical Trial

This past Friday I started my 2nd clinical trial.  You may remember that I am participating in the FONT II trial.  I had to stop the drug portion early due to a cervical cancer scare (thankfully everything is OK), but I'm still being followed on that one.  This newest study is another drug trial, but this time I have no idea if I've gotten the drug as it's a randomized study.  It's a 3-armed study (placebo, half dose and full dose), and it lasts 252 days.  I'll have 4 IV-infusions and then follow-up labs/surveys for the duration.  The infusions are 28 days apart, so my next one is scheduled for the end of April.

My nurse.  We're kindred spirits :)

The tools required for the job


Warming up the veins

The IV

The vampire's request

the bag

the setu[

and a selfie
So far, I don't feel any different.  My urine is still ridiculously foamy, and I'm swollen.  Hopefully I got the drug, and hopefully it works to reduce my protein.  Fingers crossed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...