Thursday, August 27, 2015

I think I overdid it today.

Okay...I don't think I overdid it....I KNOW I did.

Joacim and I took Izzy to ValleyFair today.  For anyone that doesn't know what that is, here's a link to their website.  It's a local amusement park a short drive south of us, and it's pretty great.  We try to go at least once a year, and we had planned on taking my family when they were here visiting in July but couldn't because it rained.  Since I'm off now and school is starting next week, this seemed like a great time to go.

The weather was pretty perfect....not too warm, not too cold..mostly cloudy (which is great because baking in the sun isn't what I had in mind today :).  Everything was great, except for my toxin-filled body.  I just didn't have any energy today, and all of that walking really took a toll on me.  Have you ever had that feeling of sheer exhaustion after a lot of physical activity?  Well, that's how I feel when I get out of bed in the morning right now, so it does't take much physical activity for me to feel wasted, and walking around in an amusement park is a LOT of physical activity, and it was just too much.  Apparently I can handle short bouts of activity (like yoga or bike riding) but an entire day of walking is too much.

I was pretty frustrated today.  I hate telling Izzy that we need to go home because I don't feel well.  It just is so unfair to her.  And I realized that Joacim and I are sometimes just no fun.  I used to LOVE roller coasters...I still think I do, but the damn kiddy rides that go round and round send our stomachs flipping and it's hard to recover.  All it took was one of those to put me out of roller-coaster riding form for the day, and Joacim wasn't a whole lot better off.

I used to be so fun!  I used to have fun!  Now, I'm a puddle.  A very frustrated, very tired, very sore puddle.  As soon as we got home this afternoon, I headed straight for the couch and didn't move.  I went to bed at 9 just so I could prop my feet up.  I'm hooked up and dwelling right now, still feeling like a beached whale.  Luckily, the program changes worked last night with no alarms, and I was able to pull off a good amount of fluid too.  I did wake up this morning feeling like some of my brain fog has lifted, so hopefully a few more days of better dialysis will help even more.

I've planned another day of a lot of walking tomorrow (school shopping) so I hope I recover while I'm sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...