Thursday, November 26, 2015

What I'm thankful for today....

I've been in a pretty deep rut the last few weeks, so I thought it was about time I focused on something a bit more positive, and in the spirit of Thanksgiving today, I wanted to list the things I am thankful/grateful for.  This list isn't in any particular order....it's literally whatever is coming to mind:

  1. I'm thankful for Adam, and for his amazing and generous spirit.
  2. I'm thankful that, 23 days post transplant, I was able to make a damn fine Thanksgiving meal.
  3. I'm thankful that I no longer have a PD catheter hanging out of my abdomen.
  4. I'm thankful that Izzy still seems relatively well adjusted to everything that's been going on lately.
  5. I'm thankful that we've raised a kid who decided to shovel off the deck, stairs and driveway today because she thinks it's fun.
  6. I'm thankful for modern medicine.
  7. I'm thankful that I have, quite possible, one of the best doctors in the country to help get me through this recurrence of my FSGS.
  8. I'm thankful that I'm home right now, sitting on my comfy sofa with a heating pad and a blankie.
  9. I'm thankful for the pie that I smell in the oven.
  10. I'm thankful that my Mayo is close enough that we've checked out of that dreadful hotel room and are able to drive to my appointments and then drive right back home so I can sleep in my bed.
  11. I'm thankful that I can drive again.
  12. I'm thankful that I've healed enough that I can FINALLY sleep on my left side again.
  13. I'm thankful for my tempur-pedic mattress.
  14. I'm thankful for being able to talk to my family via the phone today while they celebrated Thanksgiving together.
  15. I'm thankful for friends who are always wondering how I'm doing because they care.
  16. I'm thankful that those very friends also understand that I will communicate what's happening when I am mentally able to do it.
  17. I'm thankful for heating pads and ice packs and salonpas patches.
  18. I'm thankful that my caregiver, Annika, has been so great about taking care of me and keeping tabs on everything.
  19. I'm thankful that I have friends who've undergone transplants already that I can ask honest questions of.
  20. I'm thankful that there's currently not a winter storm brewing outside that would hamper my drive to Mayo tomorrow morning.
  21. I'm thankful for the 4-legged creatures in this house that help lower my blood pressure and snuggle with me when I really need it.
  22. I'm thankful for my husband who gets that the introvert in me is dying for some alone-time and tries his best to get it for me.
  23. I'm thankful for the temporary "thigh-gap" I have from all of the muscle tone I've lost.  This one will quickly turn on me to being something I'm frustrated by once I start working out again, but I'm going to enjoy it for the time-being.
  24. I'm thankful that my hair hasn't started to fall out yet from the prograf.
  25. I'm thankful for Adele putting out another album that I can listen to on repeat for infinity :)

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. No hair loss here from prograf. But I do have a pretty good tremor at this point.

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...