Friday, May 6, 2011

Today has been rough - FSGS Sucks

Yes, I think I'm going to follow every post title with FSGS sucks.  That is, unless I actually get some GOOD news.  But since it's been so friggin' long since that's happened, I imagine that'll happen pretty infrequently.

Man, I'm tired.  That goes without saying.  But for the last 3 weeks, life has been even less pleasant than normal.  Okay, I guess I can't say "life", but my physical condition is hard to deal with daily.  I've been fighting nausea and diarrhea for 3 straight weeks.  3 straight weeks.  I thought it was just some bug, but not now.  I think this is part of it and after chatting with some of my other fellow FSGS sufferers, I'm even more convinced.  And now I'm thinking, "Seriously???  Are you friggin' kidding me????"

As if dealing with this disease wasn't bad enough.  When it starts to affect me physically, that's when I fear I'll lose a bit of myself to it.  It's one thing to be tired, but it's a completely different thing to have to sit at work all day and fight the nausea...pray that it doesn't strike in the middle of a meeting.  I know...probably more information than anyone would want, but it's real.  It's my life.  It's hell.

I can't tell you the sheer joy I feel sitting here with my feet up and my jammies on.  Joacim's watching "Deadliest Catch" and Izzy's watching Diego.  The dogs are finally settled, the cat's snuggled up next to Izzy, and I am resting for the first time today.  God I hope I get to sleep in tomorrow and enjoy this just a little bit longer ;)

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read your whole blog yet and am looking forward to do to doing that but I thought I would share my thought here anyway.... I too have FSGS. And it seems with time my body becomes more and more sensitive to foods and the environment around me. I used to have a good immune system and no allergies. But a year ago I started noticing that I was getting a rash every time I got cold. I also frequently had stomach cramps and diarrhea. I took dairy out of my diet in Dec 2010 and the stomach cramps were taken care of.. yeah, that already made my life easier. I still get a rash when I get cold, I also had to stop wearing lotions and make-up because my eyes would burn and water. This truly is a crazy disease and takes over a persons life.

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...