Monday, June 20, 2011

Dare I speak good news? : FSGS Sucks

Well, I'm nervous about posting, but so excited that I must. Here were my feet on Friday.

And then, Saturday morning, inexplicably, they looked like this...
Oh yes, my friends...them there's BONES IN MY FEET THAT YOU CAN SEE!!!  And I ate Japanese food Friday night (soy sauce = mucho sodium). But it gets even better...because it's stickin' around ;)
And this was AFTER a day spent at The Children's Museum.  And even just before posting this, they STILL look normal!

OMG OMG OMG....Seriously, I can't even begin to articulate how happy this makes me. I wore shoes today that, two weeks ago, I couldn't even fit on my feet. I have ankle bones. And here's the weird thing...I stopped taking my Lasix a week ago today. It wasn't doing much for me, so I decided to quit taking it. You eventually build up a "tolerance" to it, so I thought I'd try to go off of it for a bit...see if the break would make it work again.
I honestly didn't think anything about it until my friend, Rebecca, said something this morning, but what if this is because of the Humira? I mean, anything's possible right? And maybe that means that it's doing something GOOD? I'm not one to get all crazy hopeful, but wouldn't it be GREAT?  And isn't it funny how BIG the little things can seem when presented at the right time?

1 comment:

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...