Monday, June 27, 2011

Piss : FSGS Sucks

I knew it was too good to be true....the bones in my ankles that is.  I'm sure that they're still there (obviously) but I can no longer see them.  Nor can I see that there is the slighted bit of curve in my calf between my knee and ankle.  Nor can I tell that there are bones in my knees.  It's back.  With a vengeance today.

It's hard to bend my toes.  my ankles.  my knees.  I stood a lot tonight, but there wasn't much of a choice...so many things to do that HAD to get done tonight.  Joacim's leaving and I needed to iron some of his clothes...dinner, colored my hair (yes, that HAD to get done ;).  I'm very frustrated.  That week of normalcy was such a tease.  I got to wear cute shoes.  It was just....normal.

I know that a normal person reading this would be wondering why in the hell I'm bitching, but those of you that know what I'm going through, well...you know what I'm going through.  Shit.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to have found you on twitter and stalked your blog. :) You make me feel a lot less crazy!! Because I've been alone on this road since the beginning and I feel like reading this I may need to start my own blog to vent and moan. When I first got sick I was 20 years old and I turned 21 in the hospital, spent Christmas and New Years in the hospital. I've grown very distant with people I once knew because some days I just can't move. I remember I use to tell my mom I just have Leg lol I could see no ankle knee my toes even seemed to disappear. Reading this made me think of those times and how I feel myself slowly getting back there. I'm trying so hard to be positive but it gets hard. I know with you being a mother and wife it's 10X more diffcult, but I thank you for sharing it makes me feel not as alone.
    - Lauren A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another book suggestion (I'm not a reader, believe it or not!) is "You Don't Look Sick" which is about "hidden" diseases. Sometimes hard to convince yourSELF that you have different limits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just met Nadia from Nephcure this morning during her visit in Cleveland. She mentioned your blog and I'm happy to read along and know that I'm not alone in my humor coping mechanism ;)

    ~Stefanie D

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...