Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Holy shit (literally) : FSGS Sucks

Dammit dammit dammit.  It's back.  And this time I'm talking about the poop, or the diarrhea, that is.  I woke up around 2:00am with THE WORST cramps, and it only got worse in the next hour and a half.  Needless to say, when the alarm clock went off at 6:00am this morning, I almost laughed at how awful I felt...ALMOST.

I seriously haven't felt this bad in awhile.  My head, neck, stomach and skin hurt.  All day.  I couldn't get out of bed to take Izzy to daycare.  Thankfully, Joacim did it for me before he left for Chicago.  I didn't get out of bed, not once, until around 2:30pm.  No solid food from dinner last night until around 4:00pm today, when I suffered through a bowl of Cheerios.  I was able to pull it together enough to go pickup Izzy from daycare, but not much else.  Izzy and I are in bed, and have been since 8:30pm.  I STILL feel awful, and my tummy is rumbling.  There's an all-too-familiar "gurgling" that occurs on my left side, and that only means one thing....round 2.  I've already taken some immodium as a preventative measure, so wish me luck that it works.  I NEED this to go away...I NEED to go to work tomorrow.  I NEED to take care of Izzy.  All of these things are either terribly difficult or completely impossible right now.

What's even more frustrating is that there isn't a single freakin' thing I can seem to do to feel better.  I've eaten light..had some soup eventually.  I took a bath...drank lots of water, laid down most of the day, but nothing is working.  I hate days like this...I feel so awful and helpless.  And I wonder if people think I'm faking it.  Trust me, I'm not.  There's pretty much nothing I wouldn't do right now to feel better.  And it takes so long to recover from these things...even if I do manage to make it to work tomorrow (which is in question right now), I'm still going to be "off". 

I'm totally rambling right now, but I had to get it out.  I have to let people know what it's like to be me. And today, it sucks.

1 comment:

  1. Okay - came via Google Reader expecting to see "Piss" as the top post. Kind of confused me there for a second!

    Hopes for a quick recovery and back-to-self feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...