Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Feet! : FSGS Sucks

Seriously...check out how sexy these are!  No really...aren't they the most amazing feet you've ever seen.  You know, I always thought my feet were perfect, and here's finally a reminder of what they look like.  :)  Okay, enough kidding aside (not really :) I'm sooo happy that my feet look like this.  I've dropped 6 pounds since last week, so I think I'm going to try to start weaning off a bit on the metolazone.  I wanna be able to go back to it when I need it again, and I fear it won't work if I stay at this dose for much longer.


 It wasn't all that long ago that they looked like this
 

I WILL take a picture of my achilles tendon to remember what THAT looks like.  And I might even try to cram these gams in some great boots that I bought :)

And on Saturday, I was FINALLY able to get rid of some old medicine that I've been hanging on to because I don't want to just dump it in the trash.  I happened to see a notice in the paper about medication drop-off, and I totally took advantage of it.  Can you believe this is all "old" medicine...that's a lot of money sitting there...

2 comments:

  1. WOO HOO! I see TOES!

    That IS a lot of meds, and money, to be disposed of. I did that before our move, it's heartbreaking on the cash side, but great on the "I don't have to take this again" side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    My feet get very swollen too. It really sucks cause I can't wear my nice heals and my feet feel like jello when I walk. So I feel for you.
    A (doctor) friend told me recently to make pineapple and cucumber juice and that it will elimate the fluid retention. It has worked for me. Give it a try and let me know how it goes
    Raschell

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...