Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Checking in : FSGS Sucks

Hi everyone!  Long time no bitchin'!  HAAA!  My absence isn't due to the fact that I don't have anything to complain about, because I admit to having the type of personality that can ALWAYS find something wrong.  Sadly, I HAVE been sick since my very last day of work.  I've had it all....a classic calamady of maladies, including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat and sinus infection.  But the one thing I haven't had is SWELLING!!!

Wooo hoooo!  I'm edema free right now.  I've no idea why, although I haven't been eating much of anything the last week and a half.  I've spent a LOT of time lying around doing a whole lotta nothin'.  Maybe that's IT!  The cure for my edema is EXTREME LAZINESS!  I wish I would've thought of this sooner!

Seriously, I feel like I have my body back right now.  I want to savor this because I don't know how long it will last, but I can FEEL the difference.  It's easier to walk, to breathe....my bras don't hurt when I wear them, socks don't cut off circulation to my feet....it's AMAZING!  Ahhh...it's the little things, isn't it?  I didn't ask Santa for a skinny Christmas, but I got one :)

I am starting to get a bit nervous about my new job and what's going to be required of me.  My last employer was VERY understanding when it came to my FSGS and the limitations it sometimes imposed...I'm not sure how my new employer will take it.  I'm still extremely tired, and I've been getting lots of sleep.  Hopefully it's because I'm recovering from all of the sickness, and not my true state.

And I'm trying to get all of my prescriptions from Express Scripts (which is the mail-order pharmacy that I was forced to use) to my local CVS for fulfillment until we move.  I'm pretty sure this is a futile mission, and I'll probably just end up asking my doctors to write new scripts, but I thought I'd give it a go since I'm pretty much stress-free right now.  Wish me luck!

And please pray for some kids fighting kidney disease right now.....Zachary, Zion and Donovan and Evan and Ciana and Macy.  These kids have been through hell and back, and they deserve and NEED our prayers right now.  Thank you!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not ever quite sure how to talk about my disease with new co-workers. Lucky for me my new place has flexibility, but also that they know me already and know about my health. Should make things easier, even if only a little. :)

    Hard to transition meds, no matter which direction from mail-order and local pharmacy. Hope the good fight leans in your favor!

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...