Monday, February 13, 2012

I'm a chosen one!!!! : FSGS Sucks

A few weeks ago, I completed an application to take part in the National Kidney Foundation's advocacy program.  The timing seriously couldn't be worse, considering my move and everything, but I feel so passionately about educating people that I couldn't pass up the chance, and I'm so glad I didn't because I got off the phone tonight with the NKF and I'M GOING!!!!  I feel so very honored as only 20 people were selected!!!

I'll fly out on March 7th, and we'll be doing a training session in the afternoon.  There will be an event that evening, and then spending the next day on the hill talking to members of Congress, educating them about NKF initiatives (including extended Medicare coverage for immuno-suppressants for transplant patients) as well as just educating them about kidney disease.  And then I'll fly home the evening of March 8th, which is World Kidney Day.

I'm so excited.  I can't WAIT to share this experience with you!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I got asked too, bummer that I had to turn them down because that trip would have been EPIC! It's a great program, I'm really glad to have you speaking on behalf of our community!

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...