Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My birthday gift to myself

Stealing an idea from my good friend, Rebecca, I had a mammogram this week.  She always schedule hers around her birthday, partly as a reminder, but also in part to give herself the gift of health.  Since my kidneys are in the shitter, I gotta do whatever I can for the other stuff.  That's why I went to the dermatologist for a mole check, and that's why I scheduled my first mammogram.

And it was WAY over-hyped and terribly (thankfully) uneventful.  I'd take that over a cervical exam ANY day :)  And here's the best part:


FINDINGS: Mammographically, the breast tissue is heterogeneously dense,
which could obscure detection of small masses (approximately 51% - 75%
glandular). There are no dominant masses, suspicious micro calcifications
or areas of architectural distortion.

Impression

There is no radiographic evidence for malignancy. Recommend
annual mammograms.

A lay language report of this examination will be provided to the patient.


MAMMOGRAM ASSESSMENT: ACR 1 Negative

Finally...test results that don't make me want to bury my head in the sand, but rather celebrate :) 
Happy Birthday to me :)  And thank you, Rebecca, for the timing idea ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I had to have one when I was 31. Oh yeah, I'm a dude....

    So glad for great results - Happy Birthday indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...