Wednesday, September 5, 2012

2012 NKF Kidney Walk Update : FSGS Sucks

OMG.  I just looked at my page and say that I'm over 80% of my goal.  I'm celebrating the awesomeness of my friends, family and supporters, but I'm also greedy when it comes to raising money for my personal interests, so I'm not done yet.

I've got a little more than a month to go, and I want to shatter my goal.  Won't you please help me do this?  I had to turn down volunteering for the event due to the unpredictability of how I feel lately, which makes me feel even worse.  So the least I can do is raise more money.  I gotta tell you, they take this SERIOUSLY up here.  Every day I get new emails about some fund-raising that some team is doing.  Since I'm new to this area, it's not as easy since few people know me, but I have hope for next year.

I need to make a flyer to post up at my work and Joacim's work for people to make cash donations (always acceptable because I know there are some people who aren't comfortable doing things online.  Hopefully I get that done tomorrow, but it's a busy work day so it may be delayed a bit.

For those of you (Caroline and Daniel :) that still haven't joined my team, please sign up!  You don't have to be here to participate, but you can help me raise money.  I've said before, and I'll say it again, I miss my Lilly folks.  They've probably forgotten about me, but I haven't forgotten about them, nor have I forgotten about their generosity.  I mean, it's truly humbling to have people step forward and donate to help a cause because it's something that affects someone they know.  I do it to...I donate to other organizations because I know what it's like for them.  Asking for money is uncomfortable at best...I'd rather volunteer.  But volunteering doesn't fund research...it doesn't fund educational workshops, and it sure doesn't fund legislative assistance, and financial donations do.

Here's a video about folks waiting for a kidney transplant.
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k607dCg9HNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>  

There is one statistic that I want you to remember.  As of September 3, 2012, there are 93,142 people waiting for a kidney transplant.  I'll be on that list someday, maybe sooner, maybe later, but someday it's my fate.  The NKF does a fantastic job of bringing awareness to the plight of kidney disease, as well as providing education for CKD patients, funding research opportunities for physicians, etc.  There are SO many things that they do, and none of them would be possible without donations.  So please, take a moment and click on this link which will take you directly to my donation page.

My page:   http://donate.kidney.org/goto/jenntrunk

Lots of love from me!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...