Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tired. Tired. But not-so-swollen.

Annnnnnddd...my weight is swinging the other day.  It started on Monday, and by today, I'm down about 10 pounds for the week.  I tried to start keeping track of everything (weight, food, mood, phase of the moon ;) to see if I could draw any conclusions, but honestly, if I'm feeling better, I forget.  Maybe SOMEDAY I'll come up with a sustainable system.  But I won't be holding my breath.

I had another iron infusion on Monday.  This time, I was able to do it at a local hospital, which worked out  well.  It was a craptastic winter day outside (the best word would be blustery) so a few hours in a warm room with a blankie and some iron is just what this girl ordered.


It looks like coffee, doesn't it?  Too bad it's not :)  I COMPLETELY fell asleep during this infusion.  The last one I had at Mayo was a push, but this was a drip that took around 2 hours, plus another half hour for observation.  No biggie...glad it's done, but I don't feel any different..not worse, but not better either.

I've got the clinical trial infusion that begins this Friday, so it's ANOTHER trip back to Mayo.  Keep your fingers crossed that I get the drug :)

Oh, and more good news.  My "friend" Matt from www.onekidneymatters.com is GETTING A KIDNEY!!!!  CONGRATULATIONS Matt!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are able to infuse closer to home. My fingers are beyond crossed for you on the trial - so grateful that you are willing to put yourself into trials to benefit all of the rest of us. (Truth be told, I want to do trial stuff, but my history is sorted and my cause is now being called into question so I might be moving over to the VA at this point... ugh.)

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...