Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Today is a sad day......

I found out today that a friend of mine...a young friend of mine, lost his battle with cancer.

He was diagnosed last year...2 weeks before his wife gave birth to their 2nd son.

His wife, bless her heart, is such a kind person.  She helped me immensely during my pregnancy with Izzy.  In fact, I was having lunch with her and her first son that day, and it was she who alerted me to the fact that, yes, I actually WAS in labor.

Although I didn't know him as well as I knew his wife, every interaction with him showed signs of his strong character.  His deep love for his family was evident to everyone around him, especially as he fought this cancer with everything he had.  He posted on Facebook about his treatments, or about how he was feeling, and I was always left in awe in how he faced it all and kept pushing through.

Everyone says things like "I can't imagine what it's like" in times like these, and I understand why.  It's because I honestly can't.  I can't imagine what it was like for him knowing that his future was going to be cut drastically short.  I can't imagine what it will be like for those two boys.  But most of all, I can't imagine what it will be like for his wife, my friend, to raise those boys without the man she dearly loved.

She always said that they'd rather spend money on adventures than gifts, and after reading an anniversary posting by him earlier today, I think they did that rather well.  The amazing adventures they had hopefully help his wife in these months and years to come. I hope they provide comfort to her knowing they truly "lived" life.

You will be missed, friend.  You're pain is over now.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about the loss of a friend - it is never easy but I know it is so much harder to comprehend when young children are involved. Prayers for comfort for you and for his family.

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...