Monday, May 27, 2013

Kettlebells are Killer.....

So I've been doing yoga lately.  I've not gotten into a good rhythm, which I believe will be absolutely impossible with my job, but I do the best that I can.  But there are some days where I just don't feel like leaving the house, which is how I felt yesterday.  I felt guilty for not having worked out for a few days, so I decided to pick up my kettlebell and get to work.  I picked http://kettlebellsworkouts.com/ as my resource to start back up again.  I had a Bob Harper DVD, but that thing was killer from the very beginning, so I wanted to ease into it.  I picked what I thought was a relatively simple, easy workout:



Workout 2 – The Buttocks Lifter

  • Kettlebell Reverse Lunge – 10 each side
  • Kettlebell Swing – 20 reps
  • Kettlebell Squat – 10 reps
  • Rest 1-2 mins and Repeat 3-5 times
I only did 3 repetitions of this workout, but I already felt it immediately after I was done.  By the evening, I had a hard time getting out of the chair.  By this morning, I was nearly bed-ridden.  Lucky for me in that my husband doesn't believe in pity (insert all the sarcasm you want here) and got me out of bed to do some yardwork, which feels AWESOME (again, note sarcasm).  How in the HELL can a 10 minute workout hurt SO bad the next day????  I STILL can't walk up and down stairs...I took a soaking bath in epsom salt and I'm lying here typing this with a heating pad on my butt.

Effective?  Yes.  Will I do it again?  Yes.  Will I complain as much the next time?  Probably. :)

It's a BIG week ahead!  Thursday is my transplant evaluation.  It feels like a dream, honestly, to be here now.  I'm a little nervous about all of the info I'm going to get, but excited to feel like I'm making progress in this whole nightmare.  My swelling went down for a day or two, but it's back again, but thankfully much more manageable.  It's all in my belly right now, and a little bit around my ankles.  It's certainly uncomfortable, but at least I'm not embarrassed to show my ankles right now, and I can wear bigger shirts to cover up the bulge.  Wish me luck this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...