Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The bottom : FSGS Sucks

So, if I thought yesterday was bad, then today truly sucks beyond all days.

Remember how I had training at 7:00am this morning???  Yeah, well that made me get up at 5:30am (NEVER a good thing for me).  I wasn't really stressed since I wasn't even awake yet, but I got in my car to leave at 6:30am, backed out and CRUNCH!.  I hit Joacim's car.

Oh yeah....mark this one up for sheer stupidity / lack of paying attention.  Joacim is always gone before I am, so when I backed out this morning, I never even thought about his car.  I saw the recycling bin at the end of the drive that I didn't want to hit (sadly, it would've been much cheaper to hit that damn bin than Joacim's money-sucking Volvo).

And I felt awful.  Thank God for the happy pills because I think I might have cried.  Of course, laughing hysterically puts some people on edge too, waiting for the other shoe to drop :)  After my training (which, someone I made it on time), I got on the phone with a collision repair center to see about estimates.  I was able to get in this morning and get those done on both cars (and can I say again how Joacim's car is a money-sucking Volvo?)  My Jeep needs a new bumper, his needs new paint and his is anywhere from 2-3 times more expensive than mine, depending on how much we want to fix.

I thought about paying for it out of pocket, but decided to stop by my insurance agent anyway since I needed to get a reprint of my insurance card for my Jeep, and it seems that it'll be cheaper to turn it in on insurance than pay for it ourselves.  Not sure what we'll do, but we'll do something.

Seriously.  This day / FSGS both suck equally.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jenn,

    I'm sorry you've had a sucky day. I hope by telling you how much you've helped my little girl (and me) without even knowing it, it might suck a little less.

    My daughter, Peyton, was diagnosed with FSGS at age 8. She's now 12. About 10 months ago she finally went into remission. Then 1 month ago, she relapsed and has been feeling really yucky. Tired. Stomachachey. Headachey. Swollen.

    I had found your blog several months ago when I was searching for FSGS stuff and was following your posts, tho I never commented until now. You were feeling the same way she was around that time and I shared that with her. It made her feel better to know that she wasn't nuts, that an ADULT felt the same way and UNDERSTOOD how she was feeling.

    She also liked hearing me say "Sucks" when I told her the title of your blog, 'cause I don't allow my kids to say that and she found it funny. So, yeah, thanks for that! :)

    She has really been having a hard time. We just got back from a short stint in the hospital because her Prograf level went too high, sending her potassium levels skyward. Treatment was, thankfully, successful, with no long term consequences. If only FSGS were so easy to treat.

    Additionally, I can relate to your moving issues. My husband and I have moved 8 times in 17 years of marriage. I can so relate to the mixed emotions about a showing. "Really? A showing? When????? ACK! Kids! Start stuffing your stuff under your beds!" Then there's the time a realtor showed up at our front door with a client. "Didn't your realtor tell you we were coming?" (Turned out she had never even CALLED my realtor.) Crazy times, indeed.

    And, if it makes you feel any better, just this year I backed into my husband's car in the driveway for the same reason you did. It wasn't usually parked where it was and my brain was on autopilot.

    Oh, and how's this for commonality? I'm a photographer, too! I love your site. I'm just using Zenfolio for the time being, but hope to upgrade once some things settle down, whenever that may be!

    Anyhoo, thank you so much for sharing your life on your blog and for being honest about the way things are. This stuff is no fun, but somehow staying connected with others who understand makes it just a teeny bit more tolerable. I'll be praying for you.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That DOES suck. If only there was much, much better news later in the day to share... :)

    My sisters first accident was running into my car. It's a safe accident, if that helps! No irate neighbor, just a PO-ed hubby.

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...