Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Started Acthar : FSGS Sucks

I started the Acthar Gel treatment last night (as I wrote about in my previous post), and I wanted to share...

THIS VIAL costs $31,000.  Holy.  Shit.

The necessary supplies, including alcohol swabs (granted, we forgot to wash our hands, but details :)

This is the band-aid that Izzy gave to me after my shot.  I feel bad because I screamed when Joacim injected it (does not feel good, but not NEARLY as bad as the Humira).  Anyway, she came out an asked Joacim, "What are you doing to my mommy????"  Cute, adorable, and I hate that she has to see this.

I don't notice anything unusual today, except (and this is gonna be too much TMI) but my urine smells "different" than normal.  And the tremors from the Prograf have started.  I forgot how much I hated it...I can barely read my own handwriting today.  THANK GOD FOR KEYBOARDS!!!  At least it doesn't affect my typing skills :)

Keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed for me people!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. My pee smells funny from time to time as well. Good times. Guess I need to read the previous post so that I know what you're talking about...

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...