Monday, July 16, 2012

New job : FSGS Sucks

I can't believe it's been July 3rd since my last update.  Shame shame shame ;)

We had a fantastic visit with my husband's parents.  They left last Saturday full of tears (us AND them) but a heart full of memories.  I took 1500 photos.  Yes, 1500.  So it's going to take me awhile to go through them all, and I'll eventually get back to posting on my other blog, where that stuff belongs.

So, did I tell you all that I got a new job????  No? Well, I did, and I'm so excited.  My first day was this past Monday, and it's been a whirlwind.  I had 2 days to get some administrative stuff outta the way, and in between those 2 days, which were Monday and Friday, I attended a large conference that we put on every year.  Talk about getting an introduction!  I met hundreds of people, and my head is still spinning.  It's interested being someone that everyone knows and yet I know no one.  They know me because the position has been open since March, and they have been waiting for it to be filled.

It's a sales position, which is a HUGE switch for me, but it's selling services in my field, so I think I have a chance to do really well.  I better, because my pay depends on it :)  I'm so glad that this company took a chance and saw the potential I have.  Sometimes being a deep technical person can be a curse, especially when one is looking to spread their wings and try something different like I was.

This job is also great from a kidney perspective.  I haven't said a thing yet, and don't intend to until it becomes necessary.  I'm essentially running my own business, and have the opportunity to work from home. I'll be able to set up my own schedule, which will allow me to freely schedule doctor's appointments for myself and Izzy.

I'm on a business trip right now.  This will be the longest time I've been away from Izzy (already miss her) but it's good from the perspective of all of the studying I have to do this week.  There's a LOT of information to wrap my head around!

And thank goodness my room has a fridge....the Acthar doesn't stop here either :)


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great job. I´m so happy for you!/Lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that I could not keep my "secret" for very long when I switched jobs, but I have been in office settings for most of my working career. Hoping that a few weeks in you are in love with your new situation!

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...