Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hey there...nice face

I spent Sunday doing this..packing my daughter's suitcase.  She's on a big "adventure" to Sweden with her Pappa.



I cried when we pulled out of the garage at home on our way to the airport.  I collected myself after a little bit and was good, as you can see here, but I totally lost it at security.  

I couldn't stay and watch my little baby walk away, even if she's with her Pappa.  I've never....never been away from her this long.  There's something about that whole umbilical cord thing....it can be cut, but never severed.

The sadness was crushing.  Again, thank you happy pills, 'cause it would've been a whole lot worse!  Unfortunately, all the crying, combined with kidney disease and a corpse-like sleep on my left side, left me with a swollen eye this morning.

 No, it's not noticeable at all, is it?  Maybe a shower will help?


Nope, that didn't work either.


Some crafty styling of my obnoxious hair made it much better....I swear that I'm not raising my eyebrow on purpose....

I had a meeting with a customer today....the swelling was better by then, but not gone.  I think I hid it pretty well.  It was  LONG day....didn't get home until 6:45pm, and then had to walk the dogs.  But I made a goal of daily exercise while they were gone, and I feel good that I kept it, even after all that.


It wasn't much...a little stretching, a little balancing, a little resistance/weight training, but it's a start.

And my face is normal again.

1 comment:

  1. Eww!

    My job requires me out of town for two weeks each summer, and I was fine with being gone until she called "just to say she loved me" one afternoon. I became a big ball of baby. I never had the umbilical cord thing, but that kid and I are kindred spirits and it sucks to be apart. You can do it, and get in shape at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...