Wednesday, June 24, 2015

It feels as good as I thought it would :)

YES!!!!

It's 3 little letters, but combined together, today, made all the difference.  Adam has OFFICIALLY been approved for kidney donation!!!!

I'm giddy.  I'm so damn happy that I can't hardly stand myself.  I had an appointment with my physcolgist this morning, before we found out, and I told her that I wanted to hear "yes" and I wanted to feel every awesome feeling that went along with it.  And I have.....all of 'em!

Over 250 people took the time today to let us know how happy they are for us (or to tell Adam that he's incredible :)  It's so freaking WONDERFUL!  Thank you to everyone who has reached out in some form or another.  Honestly, you guys....no one will ever really "get" how important every single one of those interactions are.

I have a gazillion things I want to write here because I want to remember every single detail, but it's SUPER late for me and I'm emotionally spent.  I think that I'm going to stop right here for now and have what I hope to be the most peaceful night of sleep that I've had in a LONG time.

2 comments:

  1. I am soooo happy for you!!!! All of the goodness and truth you put out there for us is going to come back to you. I will be praying (or hoping if you're not religious) for a long lasting kidney!

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...