Wednesday, August 24, 2011

UGG : FSGS Sucks

Ugg.  I can't fit into them.  No, seriously..I can't fit them over my swollen ankles, or rather I should say that I can't bend my ankles enough to shove them in.  And anyone that has ever worn, or even tried on, a pair of Uggs, must realize how big shit is in order to make this an impossible task.  I was just trying them on..seeing if I could do it.  Epic failure.


It's been a rough week, especially at work.  Both feet are enormous..my calves are so tight from all of the water...my feet tingle now, and they itch like crazy.  I'm at my desk for 8+ hours a day..solid, which isn't helping, but my project won't wait for me to feel better, so I'll do what I can, which is pretty much propping my fat feet up on my desk for a few minutes when the tingling gets too bad.

And another thing that I'm finding that's both weird and troubling is that it's taking forever for wounds to heal.  Little scratches like this one are taking weeks

Oops...that's not a great photo, but here's another one.  You see, I got in a fight with a box grater on Saturday.  I was trying to make homemade coleslaw...needless to say, the box grater won.

So it's been 5 days now, and it STILL hurts like crazy.  It's very red and swollen, and it throbs whenever I take the band-aid off, so I always keep one on.  The point I'm trying to make is that, in the past, I was a pretty quick healer.  By now, this would've been a scar, but now, for some reason, it's still a pretty fresh wound.  Can anyone tell me why this is?  What is it about kidney disease that could be causing this, because I've got no clue.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Jenn I am soooo glad I found you! I can seriously say, I feel ya and mean that in every sense of the phrase. It takes forever for my scrapes, wounds, and bruises to heal. Seriously i have some of the ugliest scrapes and bruises and sometimes I don't know how they got to be there! I should start making up stories because I get the abuse victim look when I say I don't know where my ginormous dark purple bruise came from. That sucks with Uggs, on top of the fact that mine get swollen I have had muscular man calves anyway so yeah it just plain is a bunch of bullshit, stupid swelling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not fun at all. Does a quick walk help the swelling? I know people who it helped, and others that it hindered. Wondering if you could schedule "walk breaks" like smokers take smoke breaks. Just trying to come up with an idea to help...

    ReplyDelete

Transplant / Living Donor Info for me (edited)

I wish I would've had this post ready because I had so many people reach out to me after the last one that wanted to share my info.  I&#...